Algae Control for Irrigation Canals
Algae control in irrigation canals and municipal water canals has been a challenge ever since the first canals were built in the 2nd and 3rd century A.D. Man has attempted to tame the water but algae control has been a problem in canals, lakes, ponds, streams and other water systems for many centuries. Copper sulfate, chlorine, other harsh chemicals and labor intensive mechanical removal are presently used as algae control methods. However, at certain levels, copper sulfate becomes toxic to the food chain in your pond, lake or canal. Other side effects of copper sulfate are that it increases the frequency and severity of algae bloom, does not bio-degrade, kills beneficial bacteria and continues to fuild up in the pond, lake or canal over the years.
“There is a Better Way” to have clear water – BioWorld Extra-Clear Water Treatment Products are available for the largest canals on earth in California and other regions of the world.
Proven technology – Keep your water flowing. Filamentous algae can clog filters and pumps. Use BioWorld Extra-Clear Water Treatment, the environmentally safe and natural approach.
BioWorld Extra-Clear Water Treatment has been safely used in irrigation water, lakes, farming ponds, hydroelectric waterways, nuclear power plant cooling water, aquaculture, golf course and park ponds for over 10 years.
Cooling water prior to discharge into river. Meet Standards using
safe products – BioWorld Method of Algae Control
Proven 100% Successful with Adequate Treatments for conditions.
- Environmentally safe and natural treatment
- Easy to apply (no protective clothing required)
- Water can safely be used for irrigating crops
- Long-term solution for a balanced water ecosystem
- Creates clear water
- Better ecosystem for fish and wildlife
- Lower cost than harsh chemicals over several years
- Will maintain the life of irrigation equipment, and will not corrode pipes or breakdown concrete
Using our 2-pronged approach of BioWorld Liquid Optimizer, and Extra Clear Water Treatment Microbes combined in the canal will create a very efficient and balanced water system
- Clearing cycles may change as the water is balanced
- Organic debris may surface and will be digested
- Water becomes clearer with fish more visible
- Odors will be minimized or eliminate